Admissions To Sea
Seamless Online Learning Environment
One of the Lowest Tutions in the Region
Admission to St. Joseph by-the-Sea is competitive and based primarily on the student’s performance on the Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools Exam (TACHS Exam).
All applicants are required to take this standardized aptitude and achievement test. Selection is based on scores obtained on the exam.
Baptized Roman Catholic students of Staten Island (or those who will be) who have received (or those who will receive) First Communion and Confirmation and indicate Sea as their first or second choice are considered for admission.
The number of boys and girls accepted into the freshman year is based on our overall enrollment objectives. Usually, 200 boys and 200 girls are admitted.
St. Joseph by-the-Sea is not staffed to provide for IEP students with special needs.
- 4 years of English and pass the Regents Examination in English;
- 4 years of Social Studies and pass the Regents Examinations in both U.S. History and Global Studies;
- 4 years of Mathematics (and pass the Algebra, Geometry, and Algebra 2/Trigonometry Regents or the equivalent as the law changes);
- 4 years of Science and pass Regents Examinations for Biology, Chemistry, and either Physics or Earth Science;
- 3 years of Modern Foreign Language and pass a Comprehensive Foreign Language Examination;
- 4 years of Religious Studies and pass the Religion Competency Exam in senior year;
- 4 years of Physical Education;
- One semester of Health;
- One semester PSAT Math;
- One semester PSAT English;
- One semester American History Writing Lab
- One semester of Art;
- One semester of Music;
- Senior Courses in Writing and Speech or an approved substitute.